Burke Built Construction Inc. - Innovative Carpentry
We believe the key to a successful project is communication. That is why throughout your project the General Contractor will be available and will set up periodic meetings with you to go over the progress of your project.
What to Expect
- Existing House Preparation – We will do a walk through with the homeowner to discuss removal or relocation of landscape, Furniture removal and cover up, Personal fragile items removed or relocated.
- Burke Built will create a protective barrier where needed to protect the living space
- Material, Dumpster and Porta John will be delivered to the site
- Demolition, if necessary, will be started
- Your project may require a foundation. Prior to excavation we will call to have the utilities marked out.
- Excavate and form footing, inspection required by local officials. All inspections are scheduled by Burke Built
- Foundation is constructed and waterproofing applied, inspection required prior to backfill
- Framing will be completed
- Once the framing, sheathing and roof shingles are installed the windows and exterior doors can be installed
- A walk through by the homeowner is done to discuss proper placement of items such as light switches, cable, audio, phone, etc
- At this point, the exterior siding, brick or stone can be installed while the interior is being roughed in by Plumbing, Electric and HVAC contractors
- Upon completion a rough inspection is required
- Insulation installed, inspection required
- Drywall installed and finished
- Interior doors, moulding and trim will be installed
- Flooring installed
- Plumbing fixtures and kitchen cabinets to be installed
- Painting to be coordinated with the above according to the homeowner request
- Finishing touches will be completed – to include light fixtures, kitchen counter tops etc.
- We will then do a walk through so that you can create a final punch list
- Items on the final punch list will be completed
- Your town will do a final inspection to include; Plumbing, Electrical, Fire and Building
- Upon approval of these inspections a CO (certificate of occupancy) will be issued
- Welcome to your new home !!